I'm Jeff, formerly of Sask, AB, BC and now in Red Deer.
Having been involved in businesses, startups and the tech community in several regions I know there is great value in creating a strong local community, share what we know and meetup to talk tech, programming, startups and product. It is easier than ever to work in tech and create tech from anywhere so why not where you are now.
In the Tech & Code meetup we have talked about
- DevOps/Cloud, Azure, AWS, DigitalOcean
- Product Management, Project Management
- MS SQL Server/MS SQL Server Express, Postgres, MySQL, TimescaleDB
- Connectivity, ChatGPT, Terraform, skills building.
I've also created a new Red Deer Start Here meetup to discuss and build a startup community. In this meetup we have talked about
- Finding people that understand the pain, struggles, excitement of building startups
- What kind of sessions, workshops, resources are helpful locally
- What non-technical founders can do to discover and build
- Why you can build here without going off to the 'big city' to do it.
I ask of you a few guidelines
- Folks have all kinds of skill levels, interests, experiences. Accept all, learn where you can and help where you can.
- Tech and Startups are inclusive. As the old joke says, nobody cares if you are a dog on the internet. Please be open to everyone.
- This isn't a place about selling things, it is about a community.
Find us on Meetup
Tech & Code https://www.linkedin.com/groups/14124065/
Start Here https://www.linkedin.com/company/red-deer-start-here/